Well Hello Familia,
Earlier today I started writing my letter to you guys on word perfect (you may have noticed a change in the spelling) the internet crashed and didn’t start working until now. Mom I hope I didn’t you keep yourself to worried. I am still alive.
This week was a little different. My companion got a little sick, so we didn’t work very much this week. We would try and leave to teach our investigators that had dates. During this time I spent pondering and studying. My studies are getting a lot better. It just amazes me how much a person can change by just reading and actually finding the things that God does having that burning desire to know how he works with his children. It hasn’t been the easiest thing. It takes a lot of Faith. But as I study and try to understand these things I have figured out that there are more things that I can learn and get better at. Obviously, I can always be better at speaking Portuguese and knowing the gospel more, but I have discovered that there are small and simple things that I could improve on. For example Opening the door up faster so my companion doesn’t go in somewhere else that isn’t the bathroom (pants…gross) Learning how to make this cool sound with your lips (that one is tough...Working on it) Have a better attitude (that one needs some work especially when the sun is super super hot) Etc… I hope you get the point. Learning things is awesome, but sometimes very hard, that is how we grow. Just by actually taking the time to learn this gospel maybe go back if I didn’t understand something that was explained to me. Has made a big impact in my life. Just by writing this I have learned that I need to set better goals and have a better desire to achieve them. If we honestly focus on the small and simples things our brains change that is how we become better. Sometimes it is very overwhelming, but I have a feeling that it will all just work out. If we keep at it. It will all work out.
Grandpa and dad emailed me I don’t think I will have time to email them back personally today, but I received their emails. Very Grateful for them.
Iz im glad you have stayed away from the boys keep doing it. You can be nice but not too nice. At least until I get back. Actually until you are 16…right Mom and Dad? Right!
Jake Congrats bud. You the man. Keep at it. Just have the time of your life! High school is fun!
Tell John good work! Give him a huge I’m sure he will like that.
Well I g2g I hope this letter makes sense
Love you all
Elder Ontiveros
No comments:
Post a Comment