Sunday, June 5, 2011

April 13,2011

Well Hey
Well let's see... Yesterday was a fun day that is for sure. Well do you guys know on the news sometimes you will see peoples houses being flooded? Yeah Yesterday we had to help some of those people(members) and I really never thought I would swim on my mission. Just kidding, it wasnt that deep. But people were getting around by canoes moving all of their fridges, freezers, and beds by canoes. Luckly, we were able to get in with the truck that a member had fairly close to the house we started to load everything in the truck and everything worked out as planned. We even got in the Rio Branco news. But we were moving all of this stuff to another members home who is very generous. Their home isn't very big and they are allowing two other families to live in it with all of their stuff. It was pretty crowded. People are very nice and willing to help others out here. 
Other than that nothing is new. My portuguese increasingly gets better each day. I'm becoming more comfortable with speaking it. I wish I had more stories to tell,but I'm afraid I don't. I need to look for some material to prepare for my talk this coming sunday. Yikes. Wish me good luck.
I love you all.
Tyler Ontiveros

No comments: