Sunday, June 5, 2011

April 20,2011

Dear Family, 
Another week. So it snowed a lot this year? Oh I sure remember the year round performance nights. I'm sure Izzy and Jane and Anna did a great job. Mom I  could sure use a haircut. There is actually a guy here that does a pretty good job and its only five reals, but I dont think he is as good as yours. 
The floods are down a ways. Closer to the Jungle. So I am safe! We arrived just in time last week or two weeks ago because now the water is almost covering their houses. It stinks, but the people are very nice they can't see people suffering it was really cool how everybody was out and ready to help. Yes we teach a lot everyday! By the end of my mission I think or hope that I will be a pro at teaching especially to people who don't seem like they have any interest at all.  
Yesterday was a great night we have been teaching this man for a couple of weeks now he is about 37 years. He is very intelligent. He is someone that we found through a member and he is was looking for the truth. We gave him a Book of Mormon and he could not keep his hands off of it. I love going over to his house because he has so many questions. He actually cares. He has the desire to learn more,  but he has a smoking prob and he wants to stop. Yesterday we wrote down some things that would help him quit, one of them being  prayer. I shared my testimony about Prayer. The Spirit was so very strong and powerful the whole time. It brought us all to tears at the end. This Gospel can really change peoples lives! Now we just have to talk to his wife and their three kids. His wife has the same problem. I can say and understand a few words, but I sure love going to his house. 
I had to speak this week. I don't know if anybody could really understand me, but oh well.. people said they enjoyed it. I guess that's good. I talked about having hope. I shared a couple of scriptures in moroni chapter 7. I wasn't too nervous also so thats good. This key board that I am using is not wanting to  work with me. Good thing Mother's Day is coming up. Mom you already know (2 weeks)
 I love yall very much sorry this is a short one and no pictures. Next week should be a better one.
 Com Amor 
Elder Ontiveros   

No comments: