Familia,
Well here I am again another week writing to you. I'm not being able to get onto the internet right now, so I have decided to write to you while I wait for the internet to turn back on. I'm not sure how your week went, I hope it went well!
This week was a good week. We have been working a lot with members who haven’t been very active in the church. It is very difficult to get someone to return to church. It isn’t impossible, just complicated. Usually they have problems, it could be with the commandments, the members or the leaders or they just don´t have any interest in the church. It is very neat to be instruments for the Lord. Every person is different and unique and we just feel a lot of love for these people who are having a tough time. It is just cool everyone we teach we say something different as if Jesus Christ himself would be saying it to them. It is up to them if they will listen or not. Sometimes I wish I could just force someone, but that would take their right to choose. On Sunday that is when we see if they listened.
This week we found a couple who has a son on the mission. They aren’t members and I'm not sure if they are married either…we need to ask them. The dad has been more receptive and likes talking and he asks some good questions. Saturday we taught him the plan of salvation and he understood everything really well. It was good!! We asked him to be baptized, but he didn’t accept, so we will wait and see what happens next week.
I was able to read your email. Haha what a great week, I laughed. I wanted to take some photos this week to show you my new area, but I forgot that my charger is in Acre still. I have got to ask my companion to ask the zone leader to bring it back from there.
These past couple of p days we have been playing futebol. Soccer is annoying sometimes, but I have learned a bit on how to kick the ball. It’s a bit harder playing soccer without shoes there are different ways to kick the ball and move your feet. My feet aren’t very tough. They aren’t used to running on concrete. I get by. It's good exercise.
I miss you all- we haven’t heard anything about the temple dedication, but they should be announcing it here in this next weeks.
Love ya
Elder Ontiveros
Ps I will just use the credit card part then if I need too. I was able to get the money from the mission, so everything is ok.
No comments:
Post a Comment