Monday, January 23, 2012

January 23, 2012

Well hello family, 
How are things going? This keyboard isn't doing very well so I might type a coulple of things that won't really make much sense. This week was ok. It's sometimes hard to get used to new things, new areas, companions, people. I think Manaus is a lot different than Acre or Boa Vista. Me and my companion are having a hard time. I don't know if he likes Americans very much, but we are trying to work out our problems. 
My companion is from Salvador, no I'm not training he has 6 mounths on the mission already. 
This week we had a baptism. We should have had two baptisms, but the dad of this girl wouldn't allow her to be baptised because he doesn't think that she is prepared to be baptised. We found this out the day of the baptism. (domingo} We were pretty sad, but after church we went and talked to him and he said that we could talk to him this week. So I'm hoping that it will go well. I think he was just saying that so that she wouldn't be baptised into our church becasue he goes to another chruch and we being the church of Jesus Christ we kind of have a target on our backs because it seems like all the other churches are against us. 
We took a break with writting emails and went to a members house for lunch in another missionaries area and I went to go see if I could take money out, but my card that I got from the church is still having problems it looks that I'm going to have to get a new card. I have to wait until the money is put into my comps account. We are fine the members are awesome in this ward and are taking good care of us. I am fine on food. 
I wanted to send some pictures, but I forgot my camera- sorry... this week we have another baptism. Another members son who is less active. He is a really cool kid and very smart. He has always got a smile on his face when he sees the missionaries. 
Mom that is great that the buisness is going well! parabens! congrats! it seems to me that miracles are happening all over the place. Sweet. 
Well I need to write president now its time for me to go. Keep praying for me becasue it helps a lot and clearly I'm praying for you guys all the time. 
love you all
elder Ontiveros 
We haven't heard anything about the temple dedication..yet they don't know yet when it will be done. People are saying June or July others are saying August or October. I just hope that I'm still here when it happens. 

No comments: