Monday, January 2, 2012

January 2, 2012

Well it sounds like you have your hands tied with the dog. Our new year was great! A member invited us over the same member that invited us over for Christmas. She loves the missionaries! She treats us as if we were here own kids. She has 7 of her own. 6 boys and 1 girl. 16, 14, 12, 10, 7 (girl) 4 and another boy that has 4 months, yeah a big family, everyone knows that here. Anyway they invited us over Saturday night and she made us lasagna. It wasn’t as good as yours mom, but it was pretty close. Sunday was another good day as well! After church we ate lunch at francimar, he is a fisherman and knows how to prepare some really good fish and chicken...well I thought it was chicken at first, it looked a little different but I didn’t notice until after I ate a lot of it. I told him that ´´this was the best chicken I ever ate! ´´ He laughed and said it wasn’t chicken he said it was alligator! So I finally tried alligator and it was pretty good. He prepared it really well. I even took a picture of it.  Speaking of food mom do you have a recipe for banana bread? If you could send me a copy that would be great. A couple of people would like to try it and we have a lot of bananas so I thought that it would be good.

This week was a little slow for us. We had one person that went to sacrament, but she needed to bring the rest of her family with her. I don’t know what we are going to do with this family, we have been teaching them for quite some time and the lessons go well and it seems that they are doing their reading, but they just won’t go to church. They always say that they will go, but some last minute thing comes up. It is annoying sometimes; we might have to move on which is very sad because they are really cool! But they need to show a little bit more effort and go to church. We have been trying to think of better ways to get people to go to church and I think we have found our solution. We are going to buy a bus. So I think I’m going to need about 3,000 dollars, so you can just put that in the account...that would be great. Thanks. I’m just kidding. I really don’t know what we are going to do are problem is that we can’t get members to teach with us on the right time. This is something that is very important because members mean a lot to our investigators, they need as many friends as possible. 
We will see how it works out this week. We think have got a system that will work out well. This week is transfers... will i go or stay? I think I will be here for awhile. So I’m staying. But we will see
I love you all 
elder Ontiveros    

No comments: