Monday, January 16, 2012

January 16, 2012

Hey família
How is everyone doing? Well I'm here in Manaus again and it is nice and toasty. I didn’t realize it before, but Manaus has tons of people tons and tons of people the area that I'm in is a pretty big area and really busy. I wasn’t able to take pictures today, but I will next to show you a little bit of my area. The river Amazonia is really close to where we live, it’s pretty cool. I haven’t gone swimming in it yet…jk, but I have been tempted because we haven’t had water for three days to take a bath I don’t know why, but my comp said that this happens every so often in this area. There are some members that live pretty close and we take showers there, their agua system is a bit different than ours they have a well or they get it from the river.. Something like that. I don’t want you to worry everything is fine. Members take good care of the missionaries.
This will be a good area. We already have two baptisms marked for this Sunday. And this last Sunday a member asked us to baptize their grandkids which was something that the grandpa should have done, but they insisted that we baptize them, so we did and it was a good welcoming for my first Sunday.
A sweet member said that they will wash our clothes, so we are going to go get that done now. I used a bit of money these past couple of days because we don’t have a bank in our area to take money out of our accounts. I'm sorry and thanks oh and yes I got my package THANKS I loved it and I loved the new shoes and ties and candy from America! THANKS
Tell Jane I said Happy Birthday (Parabéns)  Jane, let me know how well your birthday went. How many years do you have? Let me know.
I liked the story you shared with Jake haha that must have been pretty funny for you mom.
Were you able to film it?
My time is running out I have got to go
Love you all
Elder Ontiveros
Ps the tree of life is awesome only that it takes a bit of time to explain my thoughts about it. I will get back to you. 
iz when i get back im going to learn how to dance, just you watch 

No comments: