Man-what a week! Missions are tough that is for sure. I don't know where to start. So...we have 6 people living in our apartment. Me and Elder Law share the or the air mattress. What happened is they split up two companionships that have been here together and stuck them with two "visa waiters". Me and Elder Devitry can practice our Portuguese(I knew him from the MTC) anyway, before we came Elder Law and his companion were teaching this family of six.( A grandmother and 5 grandkids) There are 3 girls ages 14,12,10 and two boys ages 17 and 10. We came in and had the opportunity to meet and fall in love with them. They loved it when me and Elder Devitry would come because we would teach them Portuguese. This last Monday me and Elder Law had the opportunity to give them all priesthood blessings. After we then played the "flour" game. It was a great day! It felt like home. Saturday was the big day. They were all baptized and I had the opportunity to baptize and confirm the 10 year old boy. His name is Stafford. I have definitely seen the Lord work and bless this family. Debra, the grandma, has the strongest testimony. Man, I really do love this family. It reminds me so much like you all and yes we aren't the only family that fights. Oh, one of the girls reminds me of Izzy. She acts exactly like her, ha, ha. It's great.
I'm sorta getting used to things getting rejected repeatedly. It reallyget to me. Its hard for me to bear my testimony to every stranger we see. I sometimes freeze and Elder Law has to take over, but things are getting better which is cool. Elder Law is a good trainer and a good example. He is really happy and positive kid. We are becoming good friends.
Love and miss you all,
Tyler
No comments:
Post a Comment