Hello Family,
How's everyone doing? Well, I made it ok to South Carolina. First I remembered something cool while I was on the plane that I would like to share with you guys. As we were on the plane I saw a group of kids that were around the same age as us. They were in the National Guard. I was thinking that they are lot like us (missionaries) they put up their lives to go serve our country. They are fighting between good and evil. It may be a bit more physical what they do, but we have something kinda in common. It reminded me when Elder Holland came and talked to us, he said. "You are fighting a battle of good and evil instead of bullets you are giving out bandages. Your healing people." Anyway I thought that was cool.
So Wednesday night we got in at about ten. Sister McConkie had fixed us some dinner and we went to bed. The next day President McConkie and the APs took us over to the temple. Then we headed over to the church to practice how to teach and do contacts throughout the whole day they wouldn't ever tell us what we were going to do for the day. They took us to another room (thats where I met my companion Elder Law). Elder Law is a great guy. Man, he has helped me out a lot. So what had happened is that they split up tweleve companionships who were already serving and put them with a Brazilian like myself. Some of us have either four elders to a appartment or if your with the zone leaders six to an appartment. Haha what an adventure.
These past couple of day's haven't been the best. This is tough work and I think its because I haven't been having a lot of trust in the Lord. It just gets to you I guess hearing- "I'm already saved." over and over and judging people by the way they look- just gets to me. I worry about myself way to much that's what I have figured out. So I have been studing on patience and the Atonement.
Thanks I love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment