Monday, November 8, 2010

November 8, 2010

Fam
Hey, whats up? Man I love reading your emails. Haha thanks for emails. I really do love them! I'm going to be honest with you'all missionary work is tough! Through out the weeks I feel like Im riding a roller coaster, but our Heavenly Father has blessed me with a great companion. Elder Law is a hard worker he loves and cares about me. He's a very good example.
We met a man named Sterlin about two weeks ago me and Elder Law saw him smoking it was funny because we both said aww here we go again another person that smokes and doesn't want anything to do with us, supriseingly he agreed for us to teach him. We taught him. He seemed interested and these past two weeks we've been working with him. Well, we committed them to come to church. They showed up! Yesterday was Fast and Testimony meeting. Man, he got up there and bore his testimony and said that the Lord had sent me and Elder Law to help him out and he said that he loved us and other members that we visited with him. What a tender mercy. Neat experience. I wish I could tell more about Sterlin, but I have to write pres. He still has word of wisdom problems that we need to help him with and thats what we are going to do today. I'll update you next week.
I may have to use the credit card for some blankets and maybe gloves. I don't want to ask the members for stuff anymore. They honestly help us out a ton they make sure we are fed and have bikes and helmets they will give us rides to places etc. So if you see the missionaries out walking maybe stop and see if they need a ride or have food and are just well taking care of:)

Janie i've been thinking about you. I'm sorry that I couldn't talk to you on the phone. It made me really sad:( I will be able to talk to you on christmas okay? good:)
IZ Jane Jake did you guys bear your testimony's? how was it?
Well I got to get going, I love and miss you all.
Hope things are going well. I love hearin from everyone!

1 comment:

Sue said...

Thanks for posting his emails! Jonny want updates so I send them to him via DearElder. Good luck Elder Ontiveros! We pray for you every day!
Love, The Hardys