Wednesday, October 26, 2011

October 3, 2011

Dear family,
Another quick week as gone by and I am here again typing you all. This week was a good week.  Like the rest of you, I enjoyed conference! Man what a wonderful place to be listening to our beloved prophet and his apostles. 
I am so grateful for you guys I don’t know I was thinking a lot about you when I was listening and it made me realize how important families are and how important parents are. And at times I thought that you mom and dad were being annoying when really you were actually trying to help me out. I cringe at the things that I did, but that was me then and I don’t let it bother me too much. All the things that you guys have taught us just makes so much sense and I am so glad that you taught me these things. Iz, jake and jane Mom and Dad love you and care about you. I know sometimes that it is hard, but listen to them! They know what is best for you.  When we are all in tune with the Gospel with the spirit families have a power that defeats Satan. Here in Brasil it is a bit different. I see thirteen year olds who already have kids. I see a lot of kids that don’t really have parents. They live with their grandpa or grandma or aunt because their parents have addictions which interferes with their responsibility of taking care of their kids. Man I am so glad that I am part of family filled with love and a good environment.  Every person I contact I make sure I tell them something how much it can bless their family because I understand how much of a difference it has blessed mine.
I learned a lot during conference, but this is what made the biggest impact.
We watched conference at the stake center. I watched it in English..it is a lot better! I like to hear their actual voices rather than a voice of a translator.
Dad I think you sent me an email last week and I think I already had left. But the Portuguese is doing better. It is all about my confidence in how well I trust in myself and the Lord. Portuguese is starting to make sense after nine months I think I am getting the hang of it. A Brazilian comp has helped out a lot. I think it would have been better if I started out with one.
A couple of weeks I sent jake an email telling him that I even knew a little bit of Spanish. So jake Mr. Smarty Pants decided to use google translator and translate his email that he sent to me in Spanish. haha I laughed pretty hard. The heat Is ok I think I have gotten used to it. I will send a movie today. I hope you guys get it.
I love you all
E. Tyler Ontiveros        
p.s. I am a mexiCAN. hahaha

No comments: