Wednesday, August 10, 2011

August 8, 2011

Dear Family,
Hello how are things going? Well, mom I’m glad this week went by fast for you, because it was a slow one for me. We baptized five people last week ( I think I shared this information with you) We figured out that one of the people we baptized had another name that she didn’t use. Luckily, my companion felt that he needed to talk to Bishop about it because it is a ordinance.  At first I didn’t really think it mattered, but Bishop said that she needed to baptized again. Her name needs to be said exactly how it is on her birth certificate. So Saturday we, Bishop and another member said he would go and fill the font up. The next day was a Sunday. We planned to rebaptize her during class. Email in English is becoming very frustrating! Anyways , the water that was filled on Sat. disappeared and we didn’t have any water to fill the font back up again. There was enough water to where I could kneel and she would have to sit it worked and we were able to baptize her. Kind of strange.
I read something this past week that I liked. In principles of the gospel I read that we need to learn how to be happy while working. People spend long hours working each day. Right now I am doing the Lord's work (the best work there is) and at times I feel very stressed, but I am going to need to learn and make goals on how I can better my attitude. It is great how revelation works. I felt that I needed what I read in that exact moment. Now I have to apply it.
Man this p day is busy again, sorry I don’t write very much. It’s sometimes very hard for me to write. My companion is good.I’m learning a lot.
Could I get some pictures of jakes scrimmage this week? That would be sweet. Here are some pics.
I love you guys
Elder Ontiveros

ps I love your emails mom and dad thanks 

1 comment:

Lori Smith said...

That is crazy how little water was in the font!