Sunday, February 19, 2012

February 19, 2012

Dear Family
I am sorry mom I forgot to email you and let you know that I had received the emails that you had sent me. I only had a little bit of time to read them. 
Thanks for the birthday wishes I enjoyed reading them all. I can't believe that I am 21 years old. I don't feel that old. I really think time flys. It seems like yesterday that I received the Aaronic priesthood and preparing to serve a mission and now my mission is almost over- wow time flys. I have got to take advantage of my time, six months is a very short amount. I still have a lot to learn. 
My birthday was great, surprisingly a lot of members remembered that it was my birthday. I was very surprised it actually seemed really weird that practically everyone knew that it was my birthday. It wasn't until later I realized that Brazil has a tradition that I didn't know about until now. It has to do something with eggs. Thankfully I was only threatened- nothing happened. Whoever has a birthday here usually gets pegged by eggs.
It was fun everyone threatend, but they knew that they couldn't throw eggs on me. Someone baked a cake and gave us dinner. It was a great b- day.
Well I got a new companion this last Tuesday and he is an excellent misionary. He is very excited and happy to be here. This last week he was getting used to the food and the heat. He got pretty sick,but now he is much better. This week will be a good week!
His name is Ferreria. He is Brazilian. He is from sao paulo. He was born into the chruch and has a brother that is serving in porto alegre. good kid! He is excited!
This week was a slow week. We had a member bring someone to church and he already told us that he wants to be baptized he said once he walked in the chruch he already knew there was something different about the church he felt something different. We told him that it was the spirit and asked him if he would like to feel like this always. He agreed and we marked to visit him tomorrow.
I learned today that the temple dedication will be in June the 8th! It will be great! We aren't sure who will be coming, but everyone is very excited! We are all working very hard to get everyone to see this spectacular piece of work.
well I wish I could have responded to everyone (dad sorry) but our time is up and we have got to go.
I hope everthing is doing well
Love you all very much
Elder Ontiveros

No comments: