Dear família,
How is it going família? Well this week was a good week. I got another comp! I will sure miss Elder Ribeiro, but his time is needed somewhere else. So Tuesday night me and another Elder got a ride from a member to get to the airport so that we could pick up our companions. They arrived about midnight, but someone was missing. Yeah my companion… luckily the zone leader was present so he could call president. Oh Elder Epley is one of the Zone leaders here it´s good to see him. But he called president and president said that his ticket was purchased for the next day. So that night I stayed in my old area the area that Epley and his new companion is in. It was good to visit that area again now that I can actually speak correctly. The next day we went with another member to get my comp. We returned to our house and he was ready to start working asap. My companion is a very smart kid. He is Brazilian and is from São Paulo, Campinas. His testimony is really strong I am excited to see what happen this transfer.
The work is coming along people still have a hard time understanding me. It is very frustrating because of my American accent. Me and my companion are working on it. I will teach the first lesson and after they will smile and ask my companion what is he saying? I only understood a little bit. Sometimes I just want to scream I AM SPEAKING PORTUGUSE!! But I don’t think that would work out to well. Now that I can speak so so I have to memorize the way people speak. This only happens to a couple of people.. not everybody.
Let Jenni and Joe that I love them. Congrats on the new baby! How many new cousins do I have? I lost track. Haha
Yes, mom when I arrived here president gave us a journal so that we can write all of the things we learn in conferences. (The very few conferences that we have) You really do have to go into these meeting thinking on what you can improve on, set a couple goals and try and apply what you learned in your life.
I'm sorry I wish I could remember all that happened this week, but I still at remembering things. I want to write more, but I just can´t remember. This week I will do better in writing what I need to share to my family. Usually I will forget while I am writing you and after I am done using the computer I will remember again. Anyways I love you all.
Elder Ontiveros
No comments:
Post a Comment