Tuesday, December 21, 2010

December 13, 2010

Dear Family,
Well, it's another Monday again! Days seem to fly by so fast here out in the mission field. Mom I know you'all love me! It shouldn't be a worry. I can see myself growing that's for sure a neat thing! That was very nice of Sister McConkie. I am sending some more pictures through this email. Were you able to get the ones I sent last week?
Transfers were awesome! They decided to open up a portuguese/spanish area! I'm in an area called Goose Creek. There are a lot of Brazilians in this area, so hopefully my portuguese can continue to improve. There will be some challenges ahead that is for sure. Something that I have learned is how you react to these challenges. Some may seem impossible, but your attitude towards them truly means everything. Everybody has a choice to choose how you feel. Every morning I wake up and I  say TODAY IS GOING TO BE A GOOD DAY!  (That is something that Elder Law had taught me) It really does help. I was suprised. Anyway my point in saying this is that we have a lot of work to do, but I'm going to do it with joy!!
It makes sense in what you were trying to teach us mom I was just to darn stuburn- but that's why we have a loving Heavenly Father who can help me soften my heart. He is looking out for me and he is answering your prayers it may not be the way we would like it to be, but he knows what is best for me.
My Companion is a native. He was born in Mexico raised in Georgia. He speaks spanish and english both very well. We have been mostly teaching hispanic people we have found a couple of portuguese as well... but I can say a few select phrases and my comp can't understand what they are saying. It's an adventure that is for sure. Luckly we have a couple of members who had served in Brazil. I'm going to be learning both spanish and portuguese haha spanish is a lot harder for me to understand, but I'm learning it will come. It just takes time.  
Well this isn't much but I love you all. The church is true. Members are really sweet out here.
love ya! 

No comments: